Dealer Status and Authenticity:
We are ONLY authorised dealers for the brands whose logos we display on the main pages of our website. In the cases where we are not authorised dealers all watches are either pre-owned or purchased from individual sellers in unworn condition. All unworn watches that we offer for sale via this website are identical to those offered for sale via authorised high street dealerships. Each and every watch that we sell has been authenticated by our onsite experts and all Rolex watches are verified against the Rolex lost/stolen database.
We accept all the following methods of payment:
- Cash: We accept payments in cash but if the total paid in cash exceeds £9,500 we will regrettably NOT be able to accept the payment. This is to comply with new money laundering laws.
- Debit Card: This is our preferred method of payment and attracts no surcharge. In the case of the customer not being present in person we will need 2 supporting forms of ID and a scan of the card faxing/e-mailing/posting to us.
- American Express: We are able to accept this form of payment but there is a 5% surcharge on the total to cover processing costs. In the case of the customer not being present in person we will need 2 supporting forms of ID and a scan of the card faxing/e-mailing/posting to us.
- Credit Card: All payments via credit card will attract a 1.5% surcharge on the total to cover processing costs. Business or corporate credit cards are subject to a 2.5% surcharge. In the case of the customer not being present in person we will need 2 supporting forms of ID and a scan of the card faxing/e-mailing/posting to us.
- Cheque: All cheques to be made payable to 'Mark Worthington Jewellers Ltd'. Funds must clear before goods are despatched.
- Bankers Draft: Payable to 'Mark Worthington Jewellers Ltd'. All bankers' drafts will be authenticated by our bank before goods are released.
- Bank Transfer: We accept both BACS and CHAPS payments. Please contact us for our bank details if you plan to pay via this method.
IMPORTANT: We are NOT able to accept multiple cards for purchases unless they are all registered at the same address.
Information Required By Us for All 'Customer Not Present' Card Transactions:
- Cardholder's name
- Cardholder's date of birth
- Type of card
- Card number
- Card expiry date
- Card issue date
- The full billing address of the card
- The card security code (this is the 3 digit code at the end of the signature strip on the reverse of the card)
- A scan of both sides of the card supported by 2 supporting proofs of ID ( We accept a recent utility bill, bank or credit card statement, passport or driving license) Obviously all these forms of ID must be for the card registered address.
- A supporting letter authorising us to take the payment.
If you wish us to order a watch not in current stock we have a policy of charging a 20% deposit to secure your order. This deposit is refundable in the event that we are unable to fulfil the order. A standard 20% non-refundable deposit also applies to customers wishing to secure stock items.
Our pricing system and percentage saving quoted is based upon the manufacturer's recommended retail price. As manufacturers all reserve the right to alter the RRPs of their products without notice so too do we reserve this right (especially with non-stock items being ordered specially for customers) to alter our prices accordingly. If the price of a watch changes then the customer will be informed and will not be obliged to proceed with the order. Obviously under these circumstances any deposit would be refunded in full.
All stock items are available for dispatch the same day that payment is received if this occurs before 12.00pm thereafter next day postage, providing that payment is via credit card, debit card (both subject to additional proofs of ID being provided in the case of cardholder not present transactions), cash or bankers draft. In the case of bank transfers there will be a minimum 24 hour verification period before goods are dispatched. All UK deliveries will be via Royal Mail Special Delivery and are guaranteed for delivery the next working day before 1.00 PM (We also offer a service which guarantees delivery before 9.00 AM the next day at a small extra charge). All items are INSURED FOR THEIR FULL VALUE through our own insurers and the progress of each delivery may be traced via a bar code tracking system. In the case of non-stock items all delivery times quoted are estimations and customers should allow 28 days for delivery as stated by the Distance Selling Act.
We charge a standard fee of only £15.00 for all items delivered within the UK. Quotations will be provided for customers wishing to have items delivered via courier outside of the UK.
Viewing/Collection of Items:
Viewing/collection is strictly by APPOINTMENT ONLY as the vast majority of stock is stored offsite for security reasons. Generally we require 24 hours notice from customers wishing to view or collect stock. Customers arriving unannounced to view stock cannot be accommodated.